Main menu
The news
Channels






Canal+ anticipates that 75% of their clients happen to the digital supply
The company finalized the year last with 441,244 subscribers to the analogical services of Canal+, while Sogecable hopes to lose between 25% and 30% of those clients

Sogecable considers that the process of migration of subscribers from the analogical supply to the digitalis goes by good way. The company anticipates that 75% of the subscribers to Canal+ migrate to the digitalis services, according to chief of a main directorate of the financial economic area, Fernando Martinez.

The company finalized the year last with 441,244 subscribers to the analogical services of Canal+. Sogecable hopes to lose between 25% and 30% of those clients and anticipates that the rest, between 70% and 75%, happens to the supply of Digital+.

Sogecable is waiting for the answer of the Government on the request skilled so that it is allowed him to extend the abierto time of emission in up to 24 hours daily, against the six present hours. The managers have reiterated that the request of the company does not need any normative change and especially consider that the company is prepared to confront its immediate projects, the extension of the abierto emission in of Canal+.

According to the quarterly results of the group, to 31 of March of 2005, more from 81% of the subscribers of Sogecable they received his contents through digital service, which supposes a sample of the continuous digitalization of the base of clients of Sogecable, according to it indicated the company in a note. In March of 2004, the percentage of digital subscribers was of 76% and, in March of 2003, of 65%.

From September of 2004, once completed the adaptation of subscribers to Digital+, the platform has increased every month its net base of digital clients. In the three first months of the year, Sogecable had 48,000 new digital subscribers, that to 31 of March of 2005 surpassed the 1.700.000 homes.


(21-06-05)







 
           
Note: Prohibited the copy or total or partial distribution of the contents of tivotoday.com in any commercial mass media. © 2005 is only allowed to use the holder with the concrete connection of the news tivotoday.com  
Home Sitemap Contact us

Best site